in-depth * On-the-regular * Close-to-home
Yoga Club was inspired by a common question: after Retreats and Immersions, students ask, "how do I get more of this?". There was a strong need for in-depth studies, on-the-regular, close to home, with a lower $ tag than Immersions or Retreats. Yoga Club is the answer.
Yoga Club is a small, dedicated group so you receive more attention, adjustments, and connection. Everyone is committed to the semester, so we can really dive deep and cover more ground - with postures, philosophy and practice methodology. There are resources and recordings for review and learning after the course too.
Fall Semester: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Day/Time: Sacred Sundays, 10am-1pm.
Dates: 9/10, 10/1, 10/22, 11/5, 11/26, 12/3
Location: Tantara SF, Pacific & Powell, San Francisco
Traditionally, the time cycle for study with your teacher is 12 years(?!?!?). Fall Semester of Yoga Club will honor this tradition (ish) with 12 Sessions.
- 6 online sessions to cover Sutras and Philosophy. These will be recorded so you can listen and learn when it's convenient for you.
- 6 in-person sessions for Asana and Practice Methodology. In-person sessions will apply the yoga sutras to the posture practice. You'll discover how important and influential philosophy can be to your experience of yoga.
Each 3-hour in-person session will include:
- Practice Prep - experiential anatomy, alignment clarity, philosophy, and awareness exercises set the stage for profound practice
- Practice - strong physical practice with "workshop-ing" of poses and refined action for big breakthroughs
- Practice De-compression -"homework" and resources to take the knowledge with you.
Topics to be Covered:
- What is Yoga for Patanjali?
- Ingredients and "recipes" for not just doing yoga but living yoga.
- The 8 Limbs
- The moral and ethics foundations of Yoga - The Yamas & Niyamas
- Obstacles you'll encounter during practice
- Tools for overcoming obstacles to practice and progress
- Signs of Samadhi
In-person sessions are almost full! Online Sessions are available. Email Alison directly if you would like to be on the waiting list for Sacred Sunday Sessions - email@example.com