in-depth * On-the-regular * Close-to-home
Yoga Club was inspired by a common question: after Retreats and Immersions, students ask, "how do I get more of this?". There was a strong need for in-depth studies, on-the-regular, close to home. Yoga Club is the answer.
Yoga Club is a small, dedicated group so you receive more attention, adjustments, and connection. Everyone is committed to the semester, so we can really dive deep and cover more ground - with postures, philosophy and practice methodology. There are resources and recordings for learning after the course too.
Spring Semester 2018: The YAmas.
Day/Time: Saturdays, 10am-1pm.
Following the Fall Semester's In-depth study of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, we'll study the Yamas during Spring and Niyamas during Summer of 2018.
- 5 online sessions on the Yamas. These will be recorded lectures and include "off the mat" practices, meditation techniques, journaling exercises, etc.
- 5 in-person sessions for Asana and Practice Methodology. In-person sessions will apply the Yamas to the posture practice. You'll discover how important and influential philosophy can be to your experience of yoga.
Each 3-hour in-person session will include:
- Practice Prep - experiential anatomy, alignment clarity, philosophy, and awareness exercises set the stage for profound practice
- Practice - strong physical practice with "workshop-ing" of poses and refined action for big breakthroughs
- Practice De-compression -"homework" and resources to take the knowledge with you.
Did you miss the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Course?
Good news is that Online Study is available! With the online version, you will receive all of the course materials - included recorded lectures, study guides, home practice sequences, and audio recorded classes.
Interested in future courses?
Every semester Yoga Club has filled up with dedicated students before it gets announced to the public. If you want to be a part of it, sign up for early registration below.