"I aim to be an educator, rather than an instructor."
Alison is known for her playful fire, inquisitive nature, and technical expertise. Her warmth and enthusiasm creates an engaging practice environment where students feel safe to learn, grow and transform. With almost a decade of teaching experience, Alison has a down-to-earth approach that makes the complexities of yoga easier to understand and relevant to your daily life.
ON A MISSION:
My mission is to make yoga approachable, intelligent, and transformative. Yoga is for everyone - every body type, age and physical capacity - whoever you are and where ever you've come from - yoga has something for you. I consider myself an educator rather than an instructor. Studying with me, you'll learn about the yoga tradition, anatomy, and the process of self-inquiry that makes yoga a lifelong practice.
- Classes with Alison are carefully crafted towards a peak pose so you build skill and intelligence in your body. The vinyasa focus on breath will develop your presence and focus. With the infusion of philosophy and mythology, you'll experience a practice that's more than poses.
- For private clients, Alison has developed a specialized system for generating progress and lasting results. Areas of expertise include developing a home yoga practice, yoga therapeutics, and strategies to advance your practice.
- Yoga Club with Alison is in-depth, on-the-regular, and close to home. Semesters include take-home resources and skill-building to enrich regular classes.
- Alison's Retreats are truly a treat to get out of the daily grind and dive deep into practice.
- Teacher Training - Alison is honored to be a faculty member of Lesley Desaulnier's 200-hour Teacher Training beginning in January 2018.
Alison was initially certified in Anusara Yoga and has spent many years under the tutelage and mentorship of Noah Maze. She continues to draw inspiration from her Ashtanga practice, the classical texts of the Yoga Tradition, and her study of Jyotish.